Funding Agency: DMSRDE, DRDO, Kanpur
Collaborators: Dr. Joshua M. Pearce (Western University), Dr. Alok Kumar Saxena (DMSRDE, DRDO, Kanpur), Dr. Prabhat Dwivedi (IIT Kanpur) and Dr. Suraj Soman (CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram)
Designed and implementation of a setup to simulate underwater environment.
Underwater characterization using various solar simulators ( Xenon, LED, Mercury).
Characterization done with
Different types of solar cells (monocrystalline, polycrystalline, amorphous, dye-sensitized, ferroelectric Heterojunction)
Five different types of water like Normal water, DI water, Seawater, Prepared Seawater and Lake water.
Power output of the solar cell decreases with increase in water depth because of the decrease in irradiation in all types of water.
The power output of the solar cell decreases more with presence of high water impurities especially in case of lake water conditions.
a) Experimentation Scheme and Setups b) Study of Polycrystalline Si Solar cell
10. Prasanth K. Enaganti, Suraj Soman, Sabu S Devan, Sourava Chandra Pradhan, Alok Kumar Srivastava, Joshua M. Pearce and Sanket Goel, Dye Sensitized Solar Cells as Promising Candidates for Underwater Photovoltaic Applications, Progress in Photovoltaics, vol 30(6), pp. 632-639, 2022.
9. H. Renuka, Prasanth K. Enaganti, B. Harihara Venkataraman, Kannan Ramaswamy, Souvik Kundu, and Sanket Goel, Submerged Solar Energy Harvesting using Ferroelectric Ti-doped BFO based Heterojunction Solar Cells, International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 45(14), 20400-20412, 2021.
8. Prasanth K. Enaganti and Sanket Goel, Investigation of Silicon Solar Cells under Submerged conditions with the influence of various parameters: A Comparative Study, Energy Technology, vol. 7(9), #2100018, 2021.
7. P. K. Enaganti and Sanket Goel, Study of Submerged Mono-and Poly-Crystalline Silicon Solar Cells with Split Spectral ranges using Optical Filters, ECS Journal of Solid State Science and Technology, vol. 9, 075005, 2020.
6. P. K. Enaganti, Prabhat K. Dwivedi, Alok K. Srivastava, and Sanket Goel, Analysis of Submerged Amorphous, Mono-and Poly-crystalline Silicon Solar cells using Halogen Lamp and Comparison with Xenon Solar Simulator, Solar Energy, vol. 211, pp. 744-752, 2020.
5. P. K. Enaganti, Prabhat K. Dwivedi, Alok K. Srivastava, and Sanket Goel, "Underwater Analysis of Solar Photovoltaic Cells with Filtered Solar Spectrum", 2020 47th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference (PVSC), Calgary, pp. 2219-2223, 2020.
4. P. K. Enaganti, P. K. Dwivedi, A. K. Srivastava, and Sanket Goel, “Study of solar irradiance and performance analysis of submerged monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar cells,” Prog. Photovoltaics Res. Appl., p. pip.3264, Mar. 2020, doi: 10.1002/pip.3264.
3. P. K. Enaganti, P. K. Dwivedi, A. K. Srivastava, and Sanket Goel, “Analysing consequence of solar irradiance on amorphous silicon solar cell in variable underwater environments,” Int. J. Energy Res., vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 4493–4504, May 2020, doi: 10.1002/er.5226.
2. P. K. Enaganti, S. Nambi, H. K. Behera, P. K. Dwivedi, S. Kundu, M. Imamuddin, A. K. Srivastava, and Sanket Goel, “Performance Analysis of Submerged Polycrystalline Photovoltaic Cell in Varying Water Conditions,” IEEE J. Photovoltaics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 531–538, Mar. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JPHOTOV.2019.2958519.
1. P. K. Enaganti, P. K. Dwivedi, R. Sudha, A. K. Srivastava, and Sanket Goel, “Underwater Characterization and Monitoring of Amorphous and Monocrystalline Solar Cells in Diverse Water Settings,” IEEE Sens. J., vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 2730–2737, Mar. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2019.2952428.
4. Prasanth K. Enaganti, Ankur Bhattacharjee, Aritra Ghosh and Sanket Goel, Experimental Studies on the Natural Dust Accumulation on Low-Iron Glass Surface and its Impact on the Solar Photovoltaic System Performance, presented at 30th International Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference (PVSEC-30) & Global Photovoltaic Conference 2020 (GPVC 2020), Jeju, Korea, 2020.
3. Prasanth K. Enaganti, Prabhat K. Dwivedi, Alok K. Srivastava and Sanket Goel “Studying the Impact of Infrared Spectrum on Submerged Amorphous, Mono-and Poly-crystalline Solar cells” for a Virtual Poster in EU PVSEC 2020, the 37th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition, September 2020.
2. Prasanth K. Enaganti, Prabhat K. Dwivedi, Alok K. Srivastava, and Sanket Goel "Underwater Analysis of Solar Photovoltaic Cells with Filtered Solar Spectrum" for a Virtual Poster including a 5-minute oral video presentation in 47th IEEE PVSC Conference, June 2020.
1. Prasanth K. Enaganti, Prabhat K. Dwivedi, Alok K. Srivastava and Sanket Goel, Underwater Solar Irradiance and Performance Performance analysis of various Silicon Solar Cells with Change in Water Conditions: A Comparative Study, 12th International Exergy, Energy and Environment Symposium (IEEES-12), December 2020 (Invited for the special issue in International Journal of Energy Research).
2. Solar cells by Hyderabad scientists to make waves (23 August 2021) [Times of India]
1. How do solar cells work underwater? (PV Magazine, February 25, 2020, Emiliano Bellini)